Updated April 2018
2018 Umpire Briefing Summary
There are no rule changes for 2018.
If you’re a bit behind or new to the game, you can brush up on the latest rules on the Hockey WA web site.
Umpiring at Melville
- Most Senior and Masters grades have an odd number of teams so each week one team has an umpiring bye.
- That team will be required to (typically) provide 8 umpires for 4 games as per the umpiring allocations list.
- Some grades will be 'self umpire' and others will have games allocated by HWA on a weekly basis.
- It is absolutely essential that all our umpiring allocations are filled. Failure to do so means significant fines and these will be levied back to the teams who didn't show for their allocated duty. Offending teams will also cop points deductions so it can mean the difference between making the finals or not.
- Allocations for each team will be sent to the co-ordinators who will ensure the teams responsible are aware of their umpiring duties.
- Can’t do your allocated umpiring? Try getting a volunteer via our facebook page but note:
- Do it early, people need notice to get to games;
- You will usually need to pay someone to do your umpiring; and
- If all else fails, you will be asked to pay the fine.